Saturday, June 4, 2016

Returning to South Dakota

As graduation from graduate school approached, I thought about the crows. I still do.   I think about the times I could have done observations and taken notes, but I did not.  During my last months in Grand Forks, work, school, health problems, and looking for a job that I would take after graduation were all very time consuming and they all cut into my personal time, including time I could have spent on the crows.  I did notice a rather large group of crows flying overhead one day, which I thought was strange for springtime. I missed opportunities.  I'm not happy about that.

I'm back in South Dakota, where crows do not not roam...at least not in this area.  Time approaching the day of the move was intense and once again, little time was available.  Now, I look forward to so many things in my life I neglected when I was a graduate student.  With bags and plastic totes everywhere, my life feels somewhat chaotic, but when it's quiet and my mind drifts back to Grand Forks, I will think of the crows, and their interesting and entertaining ways!  My stay in South Dakota will be temporary.  Wherever I go from here, I will be sure to look for the crows.!

No comments:

Post a Comment